Queens County Farm Museum

A rare survivor from Queens County’s agricultural past, the Queens County Farm Museum is one of New York City’s last operating farms and is the longest continually farmed site in New York State.

First established by the Adriance family in the 17th Century, the Farm was operated by a succession of family farmers for nearly 300 years. The current farmhouse was built around 1772 by Jacob Adriance; much of the original building remains standing today.

Three centuries of private ownership came to an end in 1927 when the land, including the historic farmhouse and 19th-Century barn complex, was purchased by the State of New York and incorporated into the adjacent Creedmoor Psychiatric Center. Patients from the Center’s hospital maintained the Farm’s barns and fields as therapy. As time passed Creedmoor’s formal farming program halted, but resident caretakers continued to work the land for their own love of farming.

In 1973 when the historic buildings were scheduled for demolition, area residents, with the support of State Senator Frank Padavan, encouraged the State to transfer the land and farm buildings to the City as a public park.

Today, the farm grows an array of flowers, herbs, fruits, and vegetables which are sold on-site seasonally. The farm raises a variety of livestock and invites visitors to feed its goats and sheep. Scheduled educational programs for students and adults in the restored barn and farmhouse feature demonstrations of open hearth cooking, farming techniques, traditional crafts, and more.

Queens County Farm Museum is owned by the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, operated by the Colonial Farmhouse Restoration Society of Bellerose, Inc., and is a member of the Historic House Trust.


Queens County Farm Museum


Queens County Farm Museum
73-50 Little Neck Parkway
Floral Park, NY 11004
(718) 347-FARM

As we continue to monitor developments surrounding COVID-19, HHT's partner sites are working to safely reintroduce visitors to their museums. Please check individual house museum websites for updated hours and visitation information.

Grounds open daily, 10 am - 5 pm. Grounds and office closed on New Year's Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. School groups by reservation only: (718) 347-FARM, x310 or email

Handicap Access Symbol Subway to Bus: E or F to Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike; then Q46 to Little Neck Parkway
View on Google Maps

Free to individuals and families on non-event days. Groups and organizations require advance reservations and admission fees apply. Call (718) 347-FARM to reserve. Special event admission prices range from $5-$15 per person.

Click here for education information

Click here for event information.

Click here for event rental information.